Sunday, November 23, 2008

It came hence from the hot oven

I had been looking for a good recipe for bread, and I think I found a good one, finally! It's one of those all day recipes, because it's a double-rise yeast recipe, and with mixing, kneading, rising, rising, and baking, it takes about 3 hours. It's good, though, nice and crusty, but soft in the middle. I think the total cost for all ingredients might have been a dollar.




Where did the recipe come from, you ask? Well I'll tell you: My mom's "Betty Crocker's Cookbook" with the "red pie" cover, dated 1969. That's right. A 39-year old recipe is still the best ever.

Donny

2 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

Looks fantastic! If you were to buy loaves like that at a bakery, they would be about $4 each.

Steven Raynor said...

Yo I think you could ask your mother-i-law for a recipe. Ithink she has some good ones.
Dad raynor