Saturday, November 1, 2008

Guilty!

I accidentally did something terrible today. My poor husband is in Denver drilling with the Navy Reserves and is now probably curled up is his hotel room bed snoozing away near an alarm clock set two hours earlier than it should.
The phrasing "spring forward, fall back" for some annoying reason makes me think the exact opposite of what is intended. My thought process: to spring is to gain, to fall is to lose. But that is just not how it is. I am so sorry to my sleep deprived husband, hopefully you will listen to my message (Donny always has his phone on silent) early tomorrow morning and easily fall back to sleep.

2 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

Sandra! I am so lucky that I am up late and just saw this message! I absolutely would have gotten my whole family to church an hour early. Oh boy. The sad thing is that I actually did do that a few years ago. Thanks for the nerd alert!

Kim said...

That's hilarious! Poor hubby. One time I couldn't figure out that rhyme because I kept saying, "Spring up and fall down." It didn't make any sense!