Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sandra was tagged

Hey everyone,

This is Donny. Sandra isn't here, so I will act halfway in her stead and will post only 3 lesser known things about myself. This might take a while because as everyone already knows, I LOVE to tell stories.

1. I can say the alphabet backwards in less than 4 seconds.

I learned in 8th grade I could do this when the teacher challenged our whole class to learn it, and while all the other kids were sitting there trying to get it right, I mastered it (and I won the candy bar).

2. I drowned to the point of unconsciousness when I was 5.

My brother and I were playing in a pond behind the house in Etoile, TX we lived at. This pond was pretty big, about an 1/8th mile circle, and we thought for the longest time that the pond was a lot deeper on the backside edge of the circle. I think our reasoning, as little boys, lie in the fact that the back of the pond was the furthest point away from the house and our mom, therefore in the event of an accident, it would prompt the slowest response time. Without going into greater detail, we generally avoided the far side of the pond. But one fateful summer day, my brother and I were chasing each other and I ran towards the back thinking he wouldn't follow me. Well, he did, and so I went further towards the back, and my feet hit a slippery rock, and I couldn't balance on it because I really couldn't swim then. So I sorta flailed on this algae-covered rock before falling over and sinking like a stone into this deep water that we had theorized was there. I remember seeing the sun through the translucency the water's surface created, and the sun getting dimmer and dimmer and dimmer and then: lights out. I was resuscitated and upon awakening, my chest felt as if it was made of lead. I shortly found out that all the water in my lungs was to blame, as I heaved it up for what seemed to be an endless amount of time. Then, I took a nap.

3. I can unicycle.

Not like a pro can, but I can get on them and ride for a considerable amount of time. I was at a friend's house and he pulled a unicycle out of his garage which his son started riding around. I said, "That can't be that hard". Well, I have never hurt myself riding on the one-wheelers, and still can ride them pretty well.

There ya go. I tag my wife to write the other 3.

Donny

2 comments:

Corrine said...

interesting talents... the alphabet and unicycle... thanks for sharing it is nice to get better acquainted. :)

Amy Brinton said...

Jacob would love to see the unicycle skills. Very cool.

P.S. For some reason, there are a lot of unicycle riders at BYU. Strange.