Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What Are You Guys Talking About?

I sincerely thought the fellas at work were merely taking a jab at me regarding my financial institution of choice, seeing as how I had heard strange remarks (for a few weeks) from various members of my shop about this certain financial institution (that I happen to do business with). I heard the horrific tale unfold on the radio, yet I persisted: It's got to be a joke. The guys in my shop as well as 3 different Disc Jockeys on 3 separate Denver radio broadcasting frequencies know that I am somewhat paranoid in this time of economic turmoil, $700 billion bail-out plans, and a left-wing congress, not to mention the death of the Dave Matthews Band saxophonist LeRoi Moore.

Rose... bud...

Current Value = $0.16 per share.

Ps: For those that missed the final moments of Citizen Kane, it's the name of a sled he had as a little boy.

3 comments:

Amy Brinton said...

I remember watching Citizen Kane in a (HS) journalism class trying to grasp the importance that the film had on American communications and just not feeling that inspired. Maybe I should check it out again.

We took a pretty rough dip on some investments as well, but we're hopeful that the market will recover. It will eventually. One thing's for sure: we cannot afford liberal policies that favor unreasonable government interference (read: mandatory mortgage lending) or unrestrained government spending (read: universal healthcare).

The Hathorns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hathorns said...

Universal healthcare will not succeed in this country. I wholly concur with you. Too much of our society is wound up in the health insurance industry as their means to an end, and if the entire infrastructure of healthcare providers and programs were to be abolished in favor of a nationally sponsored program, think about how many lives and whole families would be reset to zero. And a relaxation of mortgage lenders' qualification criteria (along with the "And in 5 years, when you REFINANCE,..." mentality) allowing virtually everyone who "seemed" to quality for an ARM loan to get it, in my humble albeit irrelevant opinion, seems to be one of the primary factors in bringing this recession to full fruition.

Brinton/Hathorn for President '08.